Fancy winning 2 tickets for THE Scottish foodie event of the summer? Keep reading!
The Foodies Festival
The Foodies Festival is celebrating its 10th anniversary and returning to Edinburgh’s Inverleith Park on the 7th – 9th August 2015. For or those not familiar with the event, its a 3 day showcase of Scotland’s finest culinary talents and produce.
Last years event saw 34,000 food lovers descend on Inverleith Park to soak up the sun, the lush culinary delights and bag a few cooking tips. This year, the festival is being expanded to make room for new food & drink theatres, a even bigger food market and even more choice of Street Food for us to feast on.
What to Expect
There’ll be over 200 artisan food producers selling everything from award winning cheeses and condiments to baking and sweeties.
You can also enjoy master-classes in:
- Bee Keeping
- Oyster Shucking
- Sushi Making
- 3D Cake Modelling
- Sugar Craft
- Chocolate Making
- Wine, Champagne, Craft Beer, Whisky and Gin tasting
Then head over to the Cake & Bake Village to lust over the baking gadgets & essentials. There’s even entertainment for your wee foodies. Kids can get stuck in with Picnic themed master-classes where they will learn to make finger sandwiches, jellies and chocolates.
After you’ve worked up a appetite, you can sample Japanese, Thai, Brazilian, Argentinian, Indian, Mexican, French and African cuisines from the Street Food Avenue. So just remember to eat very lightly on the morning so you can really indulge!
Then head on over to the Aga Rangemaster Chefs Theatre and catch following chefs cook their favourite summer recipes.
- Michelin-star Marcello Tully – Kinloch Lodge
- Jamie Scott – MasterChef: The Professionals 2014 winner
- Adam Handling – Adam Handling at Caxton voted Scotland’s Chef of the Year
- Mark Greenaway – Restaurant Mark Greenaway and Bistro Moderne
- Tony Singh – TV Chef & food Author
- Paul Wedgwood – Wedgwoods
- Neil Forbes – Cafe St Honore
- Jian Wang – Chop Chop
- Graeme Pallister – 63 Tay Street
- Colin Findlay – Melville Castle
- Kim Atcharahorn Kaewkraikhot – Chaophraya
- Ian McAndrew – Blackaddie
Or check out the BBQ area where there will be daily ‘King of the Grill’ cook-offs. Or if you’re brave enough, why not enter the infamous Chilli Eating Competition?
After all that feasting, kick off your espadrilles, lie back on a picnic blanket & soak up the live music with a cocktail, a glass of bubbly or a classic Pimms from the cocktail bars.
Depending on what day you attend, ticket prices range from £10-£13 for adults, £8-£11 for concessions and £35 – £38 for VIP (which includes a glass of bubbly on arrival, use of the VIP lounge, a show guide, a goody bag and refreshments).
How to Enter
I’m giving away 3 pairs of tickets. You can win 2 tickets for the Foodies Festival by commenting below with your:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- The date you prefer to attend (Fri 7th or Sat 8th or Sun 9th August 2015)
- Your Favourite BBQ food
Winners will be selected at random by 25th July. If you’re 1 of the lucky winners, I’ll be in contact via email to confirm your address & arrange to have your tickets sent out.
Best of luck & hope to see you there!
* The tickets for the give-away are provided by The Foodies Festival & all images are from The Foodies Festival Facebook page.